What is Vitrium?
Vitrium is a software that provides document security solutions for publishers and owners of PDF documents in order to protect their valuable content. Vitrium is more than a virtual data room (VDR), it is also more than copyright protection — this software stores and protects: intellectual property, confidential and sensitive information, and revenue-generating content as well.
The company’s flagship product, Vitrium Security, has been used by over 1,000 companies and been used by millions around the world. Founded in 2005, this Canadian security software offers a variety of data room features as well as intense document security and protection.
Not only does this software feature a virtual data room, document security, and other features, but it offers users with enterprise DRM controls for digital rights management.
- Content Creators (Revenue Generators)
- Owners of Intellectual Property
- Owners of Copyrighted Property
- Businesses/Companies with Confidential and Sensitive Information/Documents
- Education and Training
- Research and Advisory
- Financial Services
- Media and Publishing
- Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Mobile Friendly
Vitrium is mobile friendly and offers access through HTML5 web viewer.
If you need serious content security, Vitrium is very unique in this aspect in the VDR industry. From Data Protection, Collaboration, Document Tagging, Rose-Based Permissions, and Secure Preview, Vitrium Security is a VDR that offers a lot to users.
This virtual data room and document storage is protected with military grade encryption and security. No matter who is accessing your content, from what device, or where, the layers of encryption and security will travel with the document — even if it is saved to a local machine, mobile device, or corporate network.
You can decide how you set your documents up — depending on how you have done so, the user will need some form of credential or authentication (of your choice) in order to view the content.
Enterprise DRM (Digital Rights Management)
This software provides any sized business or company with the ability to have enterprise DRM implemented within their IT environments. This DRM offers controls that you would receive from large systems, but at a more affordable price and with a more personal touch.
- Extensive Set of DRM Policies for Setting User Controls
- No Apps or Plug-Ins for Customers to Download in Order to Gain Access to Content
- Scalable Solution to Meet Demands in the Future
- Military Grade 256 Bit AES Encryption for PDF and Office Files
Secure File Sharing
File sharing is easier than ever in this cloud-based software, but it is also one of the most secure you can get. You can share your secured files within your IT environment or online with military grade encryption that travels with your document, as well as extensive digital rights management (DRM) controls for protecting your Excel, Word, PDF, and PowerPoint files.
Right out of the box, you can sync with Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and OneDrive — or you can integrate with another file sharing platform, be it a homegrown, off-the-shelf, or custom system. The extensive APIs offered by Vitrium has you covered.
Virtual Data Room
Regardless of whether you are having a financial meeting, board meeting, legal proceeding, or M&A deals, you can use Vitrium as a secure VDR as well. This software was designed to meet the needs of SMBs with a robust document security system and DRM controls.
You can protect your company and clients’ confidential and sensitive documents while controlling user permissions and receiving extensive analytical reports.
- Secure Files, Manage Groups or Users, Apply DRM Controls and Policies within a Central Administrative Portal
- Analyze Who is Opening Files, For How Long, When, What Pages are Viewed, and more
- Easy Access to Secured Files with Mobile and Web Friendly Links
- Track, Expire, or Revoke File Access Any Time — Even After it has been Downloaded or Shared
You can track every document to see who is accessing your files, when, from which IP address, machine ID, type of browser or application, and more. Gain some incredible insight including page-level information.
- Access Real-Time Analytical Reports
- Track User Activity (Date, File Opened, IP Address, etc…)
- Look Up Error Messages, Applications and Browsers Being Used
- Analyze User Behaviors (Pages Viewed, Time Spent, Read-Through Rate)
Customization and Integration
Users can tailor document security to your particular industry and organization’s needs and brand. Integrate Vitrium easily with existing systems.
- Customize Login Forms, Watermarks, etc…
- Integrate with any third-party or homegrown system, including:
- Document Management Systems
- Content Management Systems
- eCommerce Systems
- LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Web Portals
The ironclad document security offered by Vitrium will protect your Office and PDF files from being exploited by third-parties. Users will gain insight with real-time analytics reports, and you will enjoy high-level encryption as well as controlled access.
High Level (Military Grade) Encryption
Your files and content are protected with 256 Bit AES encryption. This security travels with the document — this means when it is at rest and in transit.
- 256 Bit AES
- Security Travels with Document
- Password Protection (or Use Credentials from 3rd Party System)
- MITM (Man-in-the-Middle) and Replay Attack Prevention
User Controlled Access
Your documents are better secured because you control how they are secured. This includes setting passwords or other credentials, blocking the ability of copying or printing, setting device limits, IP limits, expiry dates on documents, and more.
- Allow or Block Copying and Printing
- Allow or Block Annotations or Commenting
- Set Printing and Device Limits
- Set Computer and IP Address Limits
- Manage Users within Vitrium Security or 3rd Party System
- Add, Delete, or Modify Users or Groups at any Time
- Assign Permissions and Define your DRM Policies
- Maintain, Track, and Control User Activity at all Times
Seamless User Access
- Web and Mobile-Friendly Access with Vitrium’s HTML5 Web Viewer
- No Plug-Ins or Apps Required for Users to Access Content
- Additional Compatibility with Adobe Reader and Acrobat
Plans & Pricing
There are two plans (editions) to choose from: Standard and Enterprise. Each offers a different range of features, functions, and options.
To price each edition, you must contact Vitrium, at: http://www.vitrium.com/contact/
File Types and Encryption
- PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 256 Bit AES Encryption
Controls and Rights Management
- Print, Copy, and Annotations Control
- Document or Page-Level Password Protection
- Set Device Limits, Offline Access, and Date Expiration
- Revoke or Replace Documents at Any Time
- Add Plain-Text or Custom Watermarks that Pull User and Other System Data
- Web Browser Support for Desktop/PC, Tablet, and Smartphones
- Adobe Reader, Acrobat
- Offline Access Available for Secured PDF Files and Web Links
- Support for Visually Impaired Users (Compatible with Read-Out-Loud Applications)
Analytics and Reporting
- Document and User Tracking (Files Opened, IP Address, Date and Time, etc.)
- Real-Time Analytical Reports
Administration and Integration
- Customizable Login Form and Cover Page
- Configurable Document and Watermark Settings and DRM Policies
- Out-of-the-Box Sync with: Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and Salesforce CRM
The Enterprise Edition includes everything in the Standard Edition, plus:
- Control Different Versions of Your Documents without Losing Previous Versions
- Set Unlock Limits, Print Limits, and IP Address Limits
- Add Multiple Watermarks or Multi-Line Watermarks
- Configurable Staff Roles and Permissions
- Batch or Automated Processing of Documents
- Single Sign-On and Integration Capabilities with 3rd Party Systems
- Installed Version Available
You can also request a one-on-one Demo (30 minute demonstration) at the following link: http://www.vitrium.com/request-a-demo/
Training and Support
- Online Support
- Support (During Business Hours)
- Live Online Training