One of the most important decisions you will have to make for your company is deciding which virtual data room you will use to secure your critical business documents and client data. Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is a specialty sector of business that requires a special VDR — if you are in the M&A business, both the buy and sell side needs security, due diligence, speed, organization, an audit trail, and even post-merger integrations. This makes the search for a virtual data room somewhat easier, since you should choose a VDR that is geared specifically for Mergers & Acquisitions.
ShareVault virtual data room is intended for those in the M&A business who need its unique features that will make due diligence and M&A sell and buy sides easier to accomplish. This data room software can be used in SMB’s that require security and confidentiality as well as Large Enterprises.
This software can be used in a variety of business transaction scenarios where it can provide the right amount of high security in the VDR for the managed sharing of business documents during the process of due diligence associated with:
- M&A (both buy side or sell side)
- Technology Licensing
- Investor Communications
- Syndicated Loans
…as well as Enterprise Document Sharing Applications such as:
- Corporate Repository
- Board Portal
- Secure Extranet
- Strategic Procurement
- SharePoint Extranet
Currently, ShareVault is used by companies in a variety of industries including:
- Life Sciences (pharma, biotech, CROs, CMOs, medical services/devices, diagnostics, and clinical)
- Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Investment Banking
- Alternative Energy/Cleantech
- Energy and Resources (oil and gas tech, private equity, and venture capital)
Take a look at the following companies that are using ShareVault VDR, below.
Current Businesses Using ShareVault
- Sirius XM
- The Bancorp
- Jones Day
- Varian Medical Systems
- Thomson Reuters
- Stanford University
- Delta Airlines
- The Huffington Post
- Grubb & Ellis
- Northwestern Medicine
- TPG Capital
- Human Genome Sciences
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals
As the name suggests, ShareVault is a leader in providing high security and high quality virtual data rooms and sharing solutions for businesses to maintain complete control and tracking of each document. Founded in 2003 (then called Pandesa Corporation), they launched their first document sharing product in 2004 and their first web-based document sharing product the year after in 2005. 2006 brought the introduction of ShareVault virtual data room.
With this software, users can share with external parties during due diligence and critical businesses process, all the while tracking where these documents go (and if need be, revoke access, even after sending a document).
ShareVault also has an on-demand web application that offers the highest degree of reliability, bank-grade security, and the fastest speeds. All VDR’s claim that they are easy to use, but many are not. You will see in the features and video below what ShareVault is like to actually use.
With tens of billions of dollars in deals under its belt, ShareVault has proven itself with some of the world’s best known major corporations to provide a functional and secure VDR for large enterprises.
- Web-Based, Cloud, SaaS (Windows and Mac)
- Mobile (Apps for Android and iOS)
There are significant between the common file sharing solutions / virtual data rooms and ShareVault. With bank grade security, total control over your data and documents, the utilization of dynamic watermarks, the ability to revoke access retroactively, and the ability to monitor detailed document activity are just a few features this VDR software offers its users.
ShareVault prides itself on its ease of use, its speed, and unique features that set them apart from other VDRs.
Reliable and Secure Cloud Infrastructure
For most companies considering a VDR software, security is the most important part of their decision, so we have placed ShareVault’s security features here first.
The servers hosting ShareVault are located at a highly-secure world-class data center. This data center is managed by a high-end provider of hosting services who has an award winning past in comprehensive security, reliability, and multiple levels of redundancy in order to keep your data safe and backed up.
- Two-Step Verification (Two-Factor Authentication)
- Encryption at rest with key management
- Encryption in transit via SSL
- Available customer managed encryption keys
- Certified: SSAE16 Type II SOC1, SOC2 (Security and Availability), and SOC3, and ISO 27001:2005
- High Availability Servers, Redundant Network Connectivity, Power Systems, Cooling Systems, Routers, and Cabling
- Geographic Redundancy (with automated backups and fallover capabilities)
- Fire Suppression and Physical Security including Biometrics
- High end Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, and 24/7 Managed Monitoring Services
- Secure Software Development (including regular third party vulnerability scans and penetration testing)
With the document control feature, you can keep complete control over all sensitive documents — even those on computers and mobile devices that are outside of the control of your IT department.
- Information Rights Management (you can remotely “shred” a document even if it has been downloaded by a third party already).
- Granular Access Controls
- Customizable Document Security Policies (you can set the level of protection you need).
- Disable: Print, Save, Copy/Paste, and Screenshots of Documents
- Secure Printing (even if a user is allowed to print, you can prevent the user from printing to PDF format, for example).
- Dynamic Watermarking (an effective deterrent against users circulating any content that is allowed for printing).
- Expiration Feature (set a date / time after which specific document of your choosing will no longer be accessible).
Organize and Present Your Content
Your data and documents can easily be presented in a professional layout that is both structured and attractive.
- Hierarchical Tags with permissions (patent pending technology)
- Instant Full-Text Search with Synopses (hit, highlighting, and relevance ranking)
- Smart Filters (instantly display documents based on variety of criteria)
- Favorites (users can mark files or tags of interest so that they can quickly find them again later)
- Zoomable Thumbnails (show first pages at a glance, with mouse-over zoom control)
- Infinite Scrolling (this features reduces the amount of time clicking and allows you to browse endlessly rather than having to click on pages to move forward)
- Customized Branding (includes your logo on every page and custom URL)
- Drag and Drop (reordering of files and tags)
- Auto-Numbering of the Organizational Hierarchy (with “freeze index” feature)
Monitor User Activity
The monitor user activity features with ShareVault are extremely valuable and helps to analyze your data and provide an insightful look into your business.
- Detailed Audit Trail (shows which users have been looking at what documents — when, for how long, and specific pages viewed)
- Track IP Addresses (with build-in reverse IP lookup to show the region and company)
- Flexible, Powerful Reporting Tools (including a heat map display that color-codes individuals in order to indicate who has been the most active)
- Interactive Reports (configure informative reports in just seconds with built-in drilldowns and queries — save report configurations and/or export to Excel for additional analysis)
Fast, Simple Web Application
With ShareVault’s web application, users can access the documents and content that you allow them to securely and easily from anywhere around the globe. There is no need to install anything and IT support is not needed.
- Runs Secure and Reliable (standard browsers accepted on PCs or Macs and through ShareVault apps for Android and iOS)
- Fast Web Application
- Multiple Language Support (end users can select from 5 languages for the user interface)
- Built-in Help Pages and Video Tutorials for Support
- Unique Blackout Features (allows you to continue exactly where you left off after a secure session times out)
Deadlines approach much faster than any of us like. ShareVault does well in making sure that users can speed through documents quickly while still maintaining control over sensitive content.
- Plug-in free secure document viewing
- Fast, Easy, Continuous Document Scrolling
- Inter-Document Hyperlinking (optional)
- Simultaneous Viewing of Multiple Documents
- Batch Download of Files with Persistent Encryption
- Batch Printing (creates a customized printed booklet with table of contents — if printing is authorized by you)
- End users get to immediately view document using any major browser on Mac or Windows with no IT support needed.
- Apps: Android and iOS with Built-In, Ultra-Fast Encrypted Document Viewer
- End-User Interface in 5 Languages (with full text search and user-generated content supporting most international character sets)
- Q&A (offers an easy and quick way for end users to ask questions including flexible workflow for responding to questions)
You can accelerate preparation too with ShareVault VDR. Setup and maintain your site quickly without having to click endlessly to get things done.
- High Performance browser-based Drag and Drop publishing tools (no software to install)
- Powerful Batch Tools (for site administrators — allows them to setup and maintain the site without having to click a hundred different links and tabs)
- Automated PDF conversion
- No File Size Limits!
Integrate with Existing Technology
This VDR offers multiple solutions for incorporating ShareVault into your current business processes.
- Web Services API (Create, Configure, and Control ShareVault(s) Programmatically)
- Embeddable Login Widget (Login to ShareVault VDR right from your website)
- Embeddable ShareVault Widgets (Embed this VDR into your existing web application)
- Single Sign On (Integrate ShareVault with your existing SAML-2 Compliant User Authentication
- SharePoint Connector (share your SharePoint content with third parties)
24/7 Service and Support
ShareVault VDR will offer users with knowledgeable service 24/7 throughout the full duration of your projects.
- Dedicated Project Manager
- 24/7/365 Telephone Hotline for both Administrators and End Users
- All New Customers receive comprehensive training with a ShareVault expert
- Available professional services (including migration from other VDRs and/or file sharing systems)
- Remote screen sharing software makes it easy for support specialists to resolve issues and rapidly troubleshoot with complete confidence and security.
Plans & Pricing
There are 2 ShareVault VDR plans to choose from, and while ShareVault does not post the prices outright (because each plan has optional features and each plan will be set according to your business’s needs). However, they claim to offer the lowest cost of ownership (TCO) among secure file sharing platforms.
However, while you must contact ShareVault for a direct price, check out the features of each plan below and request a free trial or schedule a demo with a consultant.
The Express plan offers users a solid platform for external document sharing, including the core ShareVault features shown above. This may be the entry-level solution that is well suited for basic document sharing applications, but versus virtual data rooms trying to compete with ShareVault, this plan is incredibly solid and chock-full of features.
- Granular Access Controls
- Fully Configurable Document Security Policies
- Customized Dynamic Watermarking
- Prevent Print, Copy, and Pasting
- Hierarchical Tags with Permissions
- Place a Single Document in Multiple Places in the Organizational Hierarchy
- Zoomable Thumbnails
- Infinite Scrolling
- Instant Full-Text Search with Synopses, Relevance Ranking, Stemming and Boolean Search
- Smart Fillers
- Auto-Numbering of the Hierarchical Index
- Drag and Drop Reordering of Files and Tags / Folders
- Interactive Activity Reporting Tools
- Track who has seen documents and when
- Page-Level Activity Monitoring
- Monitoring of Viewing Time
- iOS App and Android App (including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Devices, Tablets, Smartphones)
- Support for Multiple Languages
- Support for Unicode Text (international character sets) for search, tag (folder) names, user names, group names, etc…
- Built-In Help Pages with Video Tutorials
- Blackout Screen for Increased Productivity
- Smooth, Continuous, and Fast Document Scrolling in a Secure Document Viewer
- Batch Download (only for administrators)
- Drag and Drop Uploading
- No Installation Necessary
- Easy Audit Permissions with Simple Permissions Report
- Automatic PDF conversion for over 40 different types of files
- Auto Conversion of SAS Analytics Files to Protected PDF
- Can Enable HIPPA and Title 21 CFR 21 Part 11 (for Electronic Records) Compliance
- Two Factor Authentication
- Encryption at Rest with Key Management
- Data Center ISO 27001 Certified
- 24/7/365 Support for End Users
- One on One Training Included
- 24/7 Support for Administrators (except on weekends and holidays)
With the ShareVault Pro plan, you get all of the features you see above, PLUS:
- Prevent Saving of Documents
- Information Rights Management (for Remote Shredding)
- Secure Print
- Block Screen Capture (even for third party screen capture programs and even on iOS App)
- Page Level Activity Monitoring
- Monitoring of Viewing Time
- Batch Download for End users AND Administrators
- Batch Print with Table of Contents, Separator Pages, and Pages Numbers
- Optional Inter-Document Hyperlinking
- Q&A with Privacy Settings and Threaded Discussions
- Auto Unzip for Large Unloads
- Inter-Document Hyperlinking for eCTD Regulatory Submission Documents (Optional)
- Available Integration Connector for SharePoint (works without installing software on your SharePoint servers) – (Optional)
- Available Integration Connector for Microsoft Office 365 (Optional)
- Web Services API (Application Program Interface) – (Optional)
- Single Sign-On (SSO) – (Optional)
- Embeddable Data Room Components Integration (Optional)
- 365 days/year Support for Administrators
You can request a free 10 day trial of ShareVault VDR by filling out a simple form at: http://resources.sharevault.com/virtual-data-room-free-trial. The reason you must request a trial is that you must read and agree to an MSA (confidentiality agreement).
This is a no-obligation trial and includes a consultation with a specialist who will assist you in configuring your trial based on your requirements.